For a healthy lifestyle, a healthy gut is a must. Digestive problems can mess up your entire day and can hamper your productivity. Sometimes, these problems in the gut may get triggered by a slight misalignment in the spine.
These issues can even culminate in sore stomach pain. It can also drastically affect the entire gastrointestinal system as a whole.
1. Chiropractic stomach adjustment can help you to get relief from intense stomach pain. This can be done by restoring the alignment of the nerves in the spine. For this, chiropractors may use certain techniques such as a massage or any other chiropractic tools.
2. This will eventually lead to proper alignment of the spine, thereby mitigating pain and other digestive issues.
3. The primary cause leading to stomach ache owing to spine alignment is ‘subluxations’.
4. Subluxations happen when the vertebrae in the spine that runs along the back get misaligned. Owing to such misalignment, the entire nervous system gets disturbed.
5. The nervous system runs throughout the entire body, including the gastrointestinal system as well. Any sort of issues with the nervous system can significantly impact the gastrointestinal system as well.
6. Subluxations also lead to nerve interference. As a result, the connection between the nerves branching out from the lower part of the spine and the nerves in the gastrointestinal system gets hampered.
7. Eventually, the message transmission between the nerves in the spine and that in the gastrointestinal system gets hampered.
8. This exerts more and more pressure on the muscles in the abdomen area. Such unwanted pressure give rise to many digestive issues such as:
- Stomach pain
- Improper digestion
- Lack of food movement through the digestive system
- Insufficient absorption of nutrients and minerals
- Improper intestinal function
9. Such a problem can escalate further if the patient spends most of this time sitting on a chair. This is because in such a case, the abdomen muscles have to bear even more pressure.
10. A chiropractor will start the treatment by restoring the misalignment in the spine vertebrae by working upon the central nervous system.
11. The two most common types of techniques that a chiropractor uses to restore spine misalignment are:
- Spinal manipulation
- Spinal mobilization
12. In spinal manipulation, controlled pressure is applied to spinal joints. Quick thrusts are used to correct the misalignment. It is deemed as one of the most effective techniques to treat spine misalignment by some professionally trained chiropractors.
13. It has also been claimed by certain chiropractors that a successful spinal manipulation treatment not only just restores digestive issues, but also leads to an even improved digestive system.
14. In spinal mobilization, very gentle and light pressure is applied on some spinal points.
15. In some cases, a chiropractor can resort to some tools for the treatment. These tools generally include:
- Digital X-ray machine
- Therapeutic ultrasound
- Cold laser
- Interferential current
- Transcutaneous Electrical Nerve Stimulation
16. Massage and other therapeutic techniques can also be quite effective in the treatment of the patient.
17. During the treatment, a chiropractor will also recommend the patient some exercises and a diet plan to be followed regularly throughout the treatment. The exercises will help in keeping the spine active.
18. The body suffers from a lot of internal defects during spine misalignment. A clean and healthy diet will aid the body in restoring itself. This will also expedite the recovery.
19. The gut issues owing to spine misalignment are not just limited to stomach ache only. They can also lead to some even more critical issues and problems.
20. Such problems could be:
- GERD (Gastroesophageal reflux disorder)
- Irritable bowel syndrome
21. GERD usually occurs due to irritation in the stomach organs. Such irritation gets triggered owing to the poor connection between the nerves of the stomach and that of the spine.
22. GERD has become quite common in adults as well as children. It can also cause other intense problems to the patient. These are chest pain, nausea, belching, and difficulty in swallowing.
23. A type of medication known as Proton Pump Inhibitors (PPIs) is often used to treat GERD. But their side effects are quite unpleasant. In the long-term, they can drastically affect the stomach, kidneys and could even trigger other cardiovascular diseases.
24. Chiropractic treatment can also cure GERD quite effectively. It will restore the poor connection between the nerves. This will also eliminate the usage of drugs and medicines. As a result, side effects can also be avoided in patients.
25. An effective chiropractic session can also suppress the symptoms of irritable bowel syndrome. This will provide instant relief to the patient.
26. Optimum spinal health is a must for a healthy gut system. Proper chiropractic care under the supervision of a trained and professional chiropractor can restore the spine misalignment effectively.
27. Such treatment will also be quite budget-friendly. It will eliminate the root cause of the problem. This will ensure that the patient can fully recover from the problem.
A spinal vertebrae misalignment can lead to a lot of digestive issues. These could range from simple issues such as bloating to serious gut problems like GERD.
Proper chiropractic treatment will effectively restore the spine misalignment. This will ultimately help the patient to recover from digestive issues.
Book An Appointment With Top Los Angeles Chiropractor at CRM Wellness Center