Chiropractic Treatment has been the go-to solution for most musculoskeletal disorders. Previously, it was seen that chiropractic treatment focused only on the biomechanical accounts.
But recent studies have shown that chiropractic treatment or specifically spinal manipulation also has neurophysiological responses that activate the immune-endocrine system.
Here is why chiropractic treatments improve the immune and endocrine system:
- We all know that to keep ourselves away from diseases and fight viruses, our immunity needs to be strong. Immunity plays a major factor when it comes to maintaining good health. But did you know that chiropractic treatments also have an impact on the body’s immune system?
2. The human body is wired in such a way that the immune, endocrine, and nervous system are heavily integrated. Since these three are interrelated, a change in any one parameter affects the other.
3. These three systems are messengers of the body and they communicate messenger molecules that circulate throughout the body to get optimal responses from every area.
4. The information gathered by any of the one systems is further communicated and shared with other systems to ensure optimal functioning for adapting and healing. All these systems come down to one major system i.e the spinal system.
5. Studies have shown that people having healthy spinal health have shown excellent immunities and highly functional nervous and endocrine systems.
6. On the other hand, a misaligned spine interferes with the normal functioning of the nervous system which in turn, affects immunity and the endocrine system.
7. If the spinal structure is misaligned, then the immunity tends to be weak and it cannot function at its full capacity. This increases the risk of catching the flu and illness.
8. Coming back to chiropractic care, the aim of chiropractic adjustments itself is to improve the spinal alignment and make sure that it possesses significant functionality.
9. Spinal misalignments that are specifically called subluxations, cause compressions and irritations of the nerve pathways are affecting the organs of the body. This physical nerve stress in turn affects neural control.
10. Chiropractic care is taken with the right adjustments that can help to eliminate these subluxations.
11. Chiropractic adjustments have been seen to reduce the stress on the nervous system. So a healthy nervous system leads to a healthy immune system.
12. Not only the endocrine or immune system but also the number of white blood cells in the body are seen to be rising after applying chiropractic adjustments.
13. One of the common chiropractic adjustments called Spinal Manipulation is seen to have a good impact on these three systems of the body.
14. Spinal Manipulations or manipulations applied to other parts of the body supports in realigning the bones and joints. This reduces the pain of the affected area.
15. Spinal manipulations also help in restoring range of motion, flexibility, and coordination of all aspects of the body.
16. Once these adjustments bring the spinal structure to normal and in alignment, the endocrine, nervous and immune system starts working ideally and this runs the body at optimal function.
17. But of course! This won’t happen in one chiropractic session. The sessions are generally planned by designing chiropractic programs based on your area and severity of pain.
18. Your chiropractor might design a chiropractic plan for the alignment of your spine using the right adjustments. After an ample number of sessions, you will see improvements in your immune system on your own.
19. The chiropractor will assess your pain and recommend visits until the spinal alignments are in place.
Thus, the benefits of chiropractic care are not limited to musculoskeletal disorders but also your overall health.
Along with giving relief to your lower back, neck, or shoulder pain, chiropractic adjustments also do the complimentary job of improving your immunity and endocrine health. Isn’t that amazing?
Experience the best chiropractic care from our qualified professional chiropractor in Los Angeles, Dr. Joseph Hakimi.