Do you frequently experience nerve cracking and sharp headaches? Well, maybe it’s time you should get yourself checked for migraine. In America, there are about 37 million Americans who suffer from migraine.
In this blog, we will understand how a chiropractor uses chiropractic treatment for migraines.
1. Migraine is a type of headache which causes scorching pain and a beating sensation. Generally, this headache is particular to one side of the head. Migraine not only induces pain but fetches several other symptoms.
2. Factually, one in every four households in the US has people who are suffering from migraine. Surprisingly, it includes all the population from children to the old aged. About 1 in 10 children experience migraines. So it’s more widespread than normally assumed.
3. Migraine attacks co-occur with nausea, vomiting, or extreme sensitivity towards high and sudden lights and sounds. The pain has a unilateral site and ranges from moderate to overwhelming pain.
4. Patients experience outward radiating, thunder-clapping, and patterned pain. The pain worsens if carrying out routine activities like walking, talking, reading, etc.
5. Some sufferers receive a buzzer symptom before the onset of the attack, also known as an aura. Flashy lights, dizziness, fading, irregular vision, and other signs such as pain or tingle on one side of the face or a limb, difficulty in speech, and a sudden blank mind are examples of these auras.
6. Migraine attacks can last from hours to days, with standard cases averaging 4 to 72 hours. The pain is severe enough to immobilize and thwart your work and infringe on your daily routine.
7. Migraine is not just a headache but is an inadequately understood neurological condition. It is not always possible to avoid migraines but staying away from potential triggers is smart. Triggers are very person-specific and vary from person to person.
8. However, some common triggers are bright lights, loud sounds, particular foods or smells, traumatic thoughts, sleep deprivation, dehydration, stress, poor postures, etc.
9. Keeping away from triggers can remarkably reduce the frequency of these attacks. Migraines typically follow patterns and exhibit symptoms of onset. Recognizing them and preparing for them can also make the effects less distressing.
10. Chiropractic care can be exceptionally effective for triggers like stress and postural issues. They can help you wrap your stress and posture from multiple angles. Chiropractors use various mechanical tools and techniques to treat these problems.
11. Chiropractors can help appease stress and alleviate pain. It is also ideal for correcting your posture. Besides mechanical treatment, chiropractors also advise patients on specific exercises and stretching.
12. Certain foods can also be possible triggers. Although, completely giving up on them without proper nutritional replacement can be detrimental to the body. Chiropractors suggest and help you with the food aspect and the body’s nutrition to lead a healthy life.
13. The cranial blood vessels expand when a migraine hits while narrows during a normal headache. This causes surrounding tissues to swell, which can be extremely painful.
14. Chiropractors use spinal manipulation that has the prowess to treat migraine potentially. They treat the irregularities and misalignment of the spine that can cause muscle tension and irritate nerves controlling blood flow to the head, contributing to migraine.
15. Spinal adjustments relieve pressure and stress on the body. The spine is a complex network of nerves, blood vessels, muscles, ligaments, tendons, and misalignment in any of them can tempt abundances of problems. If one issue is addressed from a wide array, it increases the probability of the treatment and reduces the intensity and frequency of migraine attacks.
16. Another form of treatment chiropractors may incorporate neuromuscular massage, called trigger point therapy. This massage focuses on trigger points in the back, shoulders, neck, and head. It relaxes the muscles, refines blood circulation, and discharges pressure from compressed nerves sending pain signals to the brain.
17. The treatment in chiropractic care is very specifically designed and individualized. This allows chiropractors to treat migraine with maximum efficacy. Chiropractors use the exact medley of massage, advice, nutrition, and chiropractic adjustments suited for treating your migraine.
18. Previously, migraine patients needed a high amount of prescribed drugs to regulate and reduce the pain, including painkillers. But with changing times, patients prefer chiropractic care as it delivers equal and better results than conventional drugs and mitigates the symptoms at a fraction of the cost and without any side effects
19. Chiropractic care helps the body to rejuvenate normal blood flow. Spinal alignment strengthens the communication of your nervous system from the brain to other parts of the body. Therapies also curtail muscle tension, often a trigger in migraine attacks.
Identifying and evading the triggers to stabilize the mind and body are highly recommended. Patients need to be aware of the auras they sense and prepare the mind. If you frequently encounter persistent headaches of moderate to high severity, you should visit a medical practitioner for a diagnosis.
Chiropractic care provides a multi-modal treatment comprising therapy, exercises, nutrition, lifestyle changes, etc. Chiropractors can resort to multiple therapies and work on different angles to maximize treatment efficiency.
Schedule an appointment with CRM Wellness and get treated by the leading Los Angeles chiropractor.
Click here to read: How To Reduce Stress With Chiropractic Care?