Los Angeles Chiropractor offers personalized attention to your condition for gentle & effective relief.
In today’s era, 1 out of every 5 people is an athlete playing a particular form of sport. With such large numbers of athletes participating in every sport, competition has become tough nowadays.
To stand out from such intense competition, an athlete has to ensure putting maximum effort while playing and training. Beating injuries to maintain consistency in performance and getting results is the top-most priority for all athletes worldwide.
To the rescue of these athletes, chiropractic care is supporting athletes to knock off injuries and be fit enough to compete on the field for decades.
Chiropractic care aids athletes in rebounding from injuries.
This gears them in getting back to the field with higher energy and strength levels.
In addition to this, chiropractic care also facilitates stronger and flexible muscles that significantly lower the chances of formidable injuries in athletes.
1.Chiropractic care helps athletes to recover from their injuries in a way that medical care and drugs/medicines fail at doing. It is because medicines usually just suppress the pain and do not tap it from the root cause.
2. On the other hand, chiropractic care entails working on the root cause of the injury. Not only does this allow the athlete to attain effective recovery, but it also makes the injured part even stronger post-recovery.
3. Long and gruesome training hours on and off the ground make athletes vulnerable to potential injuries.
4. Some injuries are usually not more than a slight muscle pull.
To recover from these it just takes a few days of rest and rehab.
5. However, recovery for athletes is not so smooth every time.
In extreme cases, some injuries can insist the athletes take a long break from their training and game.
A few of such common injuries among athletes are:
Lower back pain ( Sciatica)
Tennis elbow injury
6. One of the most reliable ways used by chiropractors to treat the majority of musculoskeletal injuries among athletes is a spinal realignment to cure subluxation.
Chiropractic treatment adjusts the spine back to its original position in the vertebrae.
7. A re-aligned spine reverses all the damages caused to the musculoskeletal system due to subluxation. Besides curing the injuries, it also offers other benefits such as:
Increased muscle flexibility and mobility
Improved range of motion
Increased strength and stability of the recovered muscle group
8. In some cases, muscle tears and strains also become a formidable nightmare for athletes.
Besides hampering performance, such injuries trigger soreness pain and damage the muscle.
9. Such tears and strains are usually caused when a particular muscle/joint is exposed to an intense load. Heavyweight training and overuse of a muscle while playing can cause such situations for athletes.
10. Specialized chiropractors use certain artificial chiropractic equipment/techniques that repair the tear or the strain. Some of these techniques/equipment are:
TRANS (Transcutaneous Electrical Nerve Stimulation)
Soft tissue manipulation
11. Few days of chiropractic care provide athletes instant relief from pain and stiffness in the body.
As the treatment goes on, the muscle tears and strains also heal up.
12. The average duration of chiropractic care to completely recover the injured athlete usually ranges between 3-4 weeks. Within this period, the chiropractor also works towards making the injured muscle or muscle group stronger.
13. The best part is chiropractic care is completely devoid of any sort of medicinal intervention.
Short-term relief provided by medicines is of no use to athletes who still have got years to hustle hard on the field.
14. The primary reason why chiropractic care is deemed to be the best approach to cure athletic and sports injuries is because of its drug-free nature.
15. Being an athlete, one cannot afford to get affected by some major side effects of drugs and medicines such as:
Lack of appetite
16. Hours of playing on the field exert intense pressure on muscles.
Muscle soreness and fatigue become inevitable for athletes after a tough and exhausting game.
17. Chiropractic care makes a post-match recovery even relaxing. Chiropractic sessions after workouts or sports matches often help him/her to flush out the brain of all the mental stress endured during the game.
18. Dopamine released during the sessions pacifies the athlete’s brain. This helps the athlete to psych himself/herself to perform better in the upcoming games.
19. Moreover, such a session reduces muscle tension that lowers the chances of the athlete suffering from any potential injury later on in his/her career.
Heat therapy/Cold therapy further eases down muscle fatigue by improving the blood circulation in the targeted muscle area.
20. Furthermore, chiropractic care also promotes a healthy as well as an active lifestyle among people who aim towards being physically fit.
21. Musculoskeletal issues and injuries are a major roadblock for fitness freaks too. A body that gets exposed to any form of physical activity demands chiropractic care periodically.
22. Chiropractic care helps the worn-out muscles tissues to regenerate and aids recovery.
It keeps the musculoskeletal system active and charged up.
In a nutshell, chiropractic care holds a significant weightage to accelerate the recovery process from most of the injuries faced by athletes and individuals in sports.
The life of an athlete is full of ups and downs.
Injuries not only just plummet their results and performance but also play with their mental health.
Effective recovery from injuries should be initiated with no compromise and chiropractic care is the right pathway to it.
CRM Wellness has the Top Los Angeles Chiropractor who has successfully recovered numerous sports athletes from their injuries.
Dial (213) 984-4575 and book your appointment today for professional chiropractic care in Los Angeles.