Stress is a response to any kind of pressure, threat, and life experience. Stress can also be said as a feeling of tension comprising physical and mental. Everyone undergoes stress at some point in their life. This blog will help us understand how to reduce stress with chiropractic care.
- Stress can be helpful in short outbursts to provoke us to perform better for a short time, tackle difficulties, problems, and life-threatening events. This is caused by the adrenaline push the body receives as an evolutionary trait essential for survival. It governs our body’s fight-or-flight mechanism to respond quickly.
- However, it’s harmful when the body kicks in stress repeatedly and for longer periods. The prolonged type is what we usually term a stress problem. Stress can become a chronic condition if not dealt with timely and properly.
- Stress results in disturbing a person’s emotional, mental, and physical well-being to a great extent. For example, it can cause headaches, upset stomach, sleeping problems, more crumbling severe immune system and digestion, and high blood pressure.
- The awareness to acknowledge and accept stress is the first step to its reversal. It’s a natural thing to undergo, and seeking professional help is nothing to shame. But what has chiropractic care to do with stress?
- If you thought that chiropractic care is all about treating musculoskeletal pain, then here’s what you need to know. People experiencing stress can find great relief in chiropractic care and spinal adjustments.
- Stress over time leaves its footprint on the body’s functioning. Though not noticeable at first, its symptoms grow to levels of concern within no time.
- A person undergoing chronic stress can experience sleeping irregularities, depression, anxiety and is more prone to illness. Over time, the concentration levels and mental ability can also drop.
- Experiencing stress causes tension to accumulate in your muscles. This can affect all your daily activities. Chiropractic care can provide a proper diagnosis and treatment for all that tension your muscles hold with massage, acupuncture, and spinal adjustment.
- The body is a complex net of nerves where the brain is the source, but the spine is the highway all signals travel through. All signals from the brain to the terminal nerve to and fro flow through the spinal cord. Stress can cause a traffic jam on this highway.
- The tension caused by stress can hamper the communication between the brain and different body parts. This can cause the spine to displace from its optimal alignment. But look no further as spinal adjustments are a one-stop solution for this.
- Chiropractors use spinal adjustments to realign the spine to its optimum position and release the tension it grips. This retrieves the communication within the body and makes you feel energized, and gives you a sought-after feeling of relief and wellness.
- Spinal adjustments help physical pain and stimulate the body to release happy hormones and restore hormonal balance. In addition, it can decrease cortisol levels and reduce the impact of chronic stress on the body.
- Chronic pain and chronic stress are the two branches of the same tree. You can suffer from headaches and sore muscles during tight schedules and work deadlines, as they can stress you out. On the other hand, undergoing excruciating pain automatically increases the stress one feels. It is all interconnected.
- It’s a vicious cycle of stress-induced pain and pain-induced stress. Therefore getting your muscle and joint pain appropriately doctored is extremely crucial. Chiropractors use various techniques and tools to treat these muscular problems.
- Many people think eating food they love; usually, junk food would relax this stress. Although this does help for a short time, it can cause other serious complications like addiction and undernourishment, which steers us back to stress. Good nutrition is the building block of maintaining good health.
- Chiropractors can help you with counseling on the nutritional needs, benefits, and their effect on the body. They can also educate you on supplements the body lacks. Poor nutrition and diet can be partaking factors to suffering stress.
- In today’s competitive world, we ignore our bodies and their tiny details. One such small yet salient detail is body posture. An atrocious posture puts your spine under unnecessary stress. A chiropractor will help you work on your posture.
- They can educate you about postural issues and exercises, lifestyle adaptations, stretching, and relaxation techniques that will help reduce stress and improve overall long-term wellbeing.
Stress is all-natural everyone goes through, and professional help should be sought without any delay. If intervened early, the severity and complications can be dealt with ease.
Chiropractic care is a great way to reduce stress and its effects on our bodies. Chiropractors can help you counsel with the pain, nutrition, posture, exercises, and lifestyle changes that contribute to stress.
Consult CRM Wellness, the best Los Angeles chiropractor, and experience effective chiropractic treatment to reduce stress.
Click here to read: Can A Chiropractor Help You With Disc Herniation?