Restore. Rehabilitate. Recover.
There are broadly two main methods of pain relief that one can choose from. While using painkillers and other allopathic forms of treatment can be highly effective, the results are quite often targeted at immediate relief which is temporary, at surface level and addictive.
Physiotherapy on the other hand, is a type of alternative treatment to help restore, maintain, and maximize a patient’s mobility, function, strength, and overall well-being by addressing the underlying physical problems. Using a combination of different physiotherapy treatments helps to eliminate the cause of pain from your body so you can lead a healthy and pain-free life.
Call us at (213) 984-4575 to schedule an appointment today!
Top Reasons Why People Use Physiotherapy:
- Non-invasive, independent of addictive medication
- Pain relief
- Physical rehabilitation
- Speedy recovery from injuries or surgeries like knee/hip/lymph node replacement
- Improve flexibility in joints, muscles and overall body balance
- Manage chronic disorders like diabetes, cancer, heart conditions etc. or age related issues like arthritis, osteoporosis, and more
- Helps with discomfort and post-natal care in pregnant women
Types of Physiotherapy Treatment:
- Hands-on treatments like manual therapies to massage areas of your body, and stretch stiff joints and muscles.
- Therapeutic massages to loosen tight muscles.
- Use of machines and equipment for manipulation of joints and to address pain-related issues.
- Specific physical exercises.
- Electrotherapy : This includes Transcutaneous Electrical Nerve Stimulation (TENS), ultrasound, laser therapy, and shortwave diathermy