Chiropractic care is a hands-on approach to health care that focuses on the relationship between the musculoskeletal system and the nervous system. It is a form of alternative medicine that focuses on diagnosing, treating, and preventing neuromusculoskeletal disorders. It is based on the idea that many human ailments are caused by interference with the nervous system and can be corrected by manipulating the spine.
In this blog, we will understand the three new chiropractic techniques used by chiropractors to relieve pain and discomfort of various musculoskeletal conditions.
1. Chiropractors help people who suffer from back pain, headaches, or muscle tightness. If you’ve been living with chronic pain for a long time and have tried every other solution, chiropractic care could be just what you need.
2. The chiropractor will often use their hands to manipulate your spine and joints to remove any misalignments and restore range of motion.
3. They will also consider any outside factors such as your diet and lifestyle habits that may affect your health.
Following are the main chiropractic adjustment techniques that can make a difference in your health.
4. Manipulation – Spinal manipulation is a popular therapy technique with many benefits for the spine and the rest of the body.
5. The term spinal manipulation encompasses different techniques, including the commonly-used spinal adjustment.
6. Spinal adjustment is used to relieve pressure on the spine, improve mobility and reduce pain. In addition, a trained professional can help you address issues like stress and anxiety or chronic back pain.
7. The chiropractor will use their hands to manually adjust the spine and joints to remove any misalignments and restore range of motion.
8. This technique can be particularly helpful for people who suffer from chronic pain, as it addresses the source of the pain instead of just alleviating symptoms.
9. One-way manipulation works is by removing nerve interference and restoring proper movement and alignment. For example, if your back is not in its natural position, then there may be pressure on your nerves that can cause pain.
10. By manipulating your spine and joints, the direction of the nerves changes so the nerves no longer press against one another and can do their job without pain or restriction.
11. Another way manipulation works is as an adjustment to make room for a spinal disc. Discs are like sponges that sit between each vertebra, providing cushioning and support.
12. If a disc becomes compressed or herniated, then it can’t provide much cushioning or support anymore and you might feel sharp, stabbing pains down your arm or leg that worsen with time.
13. Mobilization – Spinal Mobilization is a general term that describes the movement of joint and soft tissue structures through a full range of motion
14. Spinal mobilization can be used as part of a therapeutic exercise program, or it can also be applied as an isolated treatment to resolve specific problems.
15. The purpose of spinal mobilization is to improve the circulation and drainage of fluids around the spinal joints, to restore joint play and encourage healing, to reduce pain and muscle spasms, and to help the body maintain movement patterns that are efficient and coordinated.
16. Mobilization is a procedure in which a chiropractor uses their hands or a device to manipulate the spine and joints. This procedure is often used when there is a lack of mobility in the body.
17. Mobilization is also used when there are complications due to muscle spasms from trauma, disease, or postural dysfunction.
18. This technique removes any misalignments in the spine that may be causing pain in other parts of the body. It will also provide relief for inflammation and help with pain management.
19. Cervical traction – It is a non-invasive procedure that helps to relieve neck and shoulder pain by stretching the cervical spine.
20. The procedure is performed by a physical therapist or a chiropractor. The therapist or chiropractor will place their hands on either side of your head and gently push down on your forehead.
21. This will force the neck to extend backward, which will help decompress the spine and reduce pressure on the discs in the neck.
22. The procedure can be performed with or without a special device called a cervical traction table, which can be adjusted to apply varying degrees of pressure to your head and neck.
23. It causes an increase in blood flow through the vertebrae, which helps reduce pressure on nerve roots as well as any inflammation.
24. A cervical traction table is typically used for patients who are bedridden, obese, pregnant, or for those who need more than 15 pounds of pressure on their head and neck.
Chiropractic techniques range from simple adjustments to more complex manipulations. Regardless of the method used, chiropractic is a safe and effective method for relieving pain and restoring wellness.
Schedule an appointment at the best Los Angeles chiropractor and get yourself treated by expert chiropractors.