What Are The Top 18 Reasons To See A Chiropractor?
Chiropractic care has been revolutionizing how it helps humans to function at the fullest potential and offer them a pain-free life. Chiropractic adjustments are now being used to treat a wide range of conditions and discomforts. In addition, it has successfully proved that chiropractic science is the most efficient way to manage injuries, musculoskeletal issues and maintain good health.
In this blog, we will understand eighteen benefits of visiting a chiropractor:
- Reduces back pain – In America, around 70 million adults deal with chronic pain. Lower back pain is the second most common condition faced by Americans.
- Chiropractic adjustments help relieve the tension in the lower back joints, which ultimately reduces back pain. Spinal manipulation is the most used adjustment to treat back pain.
- Reduces Neck Pain – The work-from-home culture brought by the pandemic has led humans to sit in front of the screen for hours in the wrong position.
- Wrong postures lead to changes in the alignment of the spine. Chiropractic techniques help in realigning the cervical spine and relieve the neck pain.
- Eases headaches and migraines – Chiropractic treatment has relaxing effects on the body. Since spinal manipulations help release stress and tension, it becomes an an effective aid in treating tension headaches.
- Furthermore, it is found that around 6-8 sessions of chiropractic have proved helpful in reducing chronic headaches.
- Reduces symptoms of Scoliosis – Cobb angle is a measure to check the side-to-side deformity of the spine. Chiropractic treatment plays a huge role in improving this Cobb angle in people struggling with Scoliosis.
- Regular weekly sessions significantly contribute in reducing symptoms of scoliosis.
- Improve athletic performance – Athletes often face injuries related to spine, joints, or other musculoskeletal parts of the body. Visiting a chiropractor helps athletes in rehabilitation of injuries and get back to the game.
- Moroever, chiropractic care also increases mobility, flexibility, and less tissue restriction that ultimately results in better performance on ground.
- Potentially reduces Osteoarthitis – Osteoarthritis pain is caused due to the degeneration of cartilage in the joints. This condition leads to rubbing of the bones which further worsens the condition.
- Although, it doesn’t completely reverse osteoarthritis but can surely slow down its progression.
- Eliminates the need to take pain relievers and drugs – Pain relievers are often recommended by doctors for chronic pain. This might result in unwanted risks to the body. Study shows that patients visiting chiropractor very rarely take opioid pain relievers.
- Controlled Asthama – Chiropractic adjustments like spinal manipulation helps in creating a disruption in the nerve impulse that are crucial for optimal lung functioning and realigning your vertebrae. People visiting chiropractors have showed improvement and better control on asthma.
- Reduces Blood Pressure – Chiropractic adjustment target certain nerves of the body. One such area is the upper neck which when targetted helps in reducing blood pressure and offer better results than taking blood pressure medications.
- Improvement in Digestion – There are numerous nerves that run around the spine. These nerves play the role of controlling your stomach functions and help in functioning of the digestive processes.
- However, if these nerves are not in their regular position, they may lead to reflux, heartburn, and gases. Chirocare ensures proper alignment of the nerves that in turn improves digestion.
- Better Sleep – Chiropractic adjustments and techniques have relaxing benefits to the body. A chiropractor can reduce the fatigue to a great extent and ease pain from different conditions. As a result, this promotes better sleep and rest cycles.
- Increased Immunity – The nervous system of our body is a key element that regulates the cells of the body. So even the slightest misarrangement of the nerves in the body can hamper the bodily functions and create an impact on the immunity.
- As chiropractic adjustments work towards aligning of the spinal nerves, the immunity is maintained at its optimal level.
- Increases range of motion – If you take up regular chiropractic sessions, you will realize an increase in the flexibility and mobility of your body. This is increased range of motion contributes in bringing ease in doing daily routine chores and activities.
- Reduces Inflammation – Chiropractic care also has anti-inflammatory benefits. It was found that the production of Tumor necrosis factor-alpha, a main component of chronic inflammation was reduced due to chiropractic treatment.
- Ideal treatment for whiplash – A whiplash patient can greatly benefit from chiropractic treatment. The chiropractor will try to align the scar tissue due to which the pain associated with whiplash will reduce. The chiropractor also recommends plenty of stretching for whiplash patients.
- Help with Ear Infections – Generally, ear infections are treated by anti-biotics. But they might not always help in clearing the infection and in fact, cause reverse effects in some cases.
- In such situations, keeping your spine free from sub-luxations using chiropractic treatment can help to eliminate ear infections.
- Cost-effective – Chiropractic treatment is considered to be a cheaper and reasonable alternative as compared to expensive medications. While medications don’t always guarantee to help you, chiropractic treatments always has a positive effect on your body by easing your discomfort.
- As chiropractic sessions are affordable, they are always a preferred option by most of the patients.
- Works for all age groups – Irrespective of age, chiropractic care is useful and applicable for babies, middle-aged, and aged individuals. It is safe for all age groups and can support for a healthy lifestyle to all.
The innumerable benefits of chiropractic are evidence of how effective it is to the body. Chiropractors take a holistic approach in improving your health, easing discomfort, and support towards living young.
Schedule an appointment today with the top Los Angeles chiropractor and benefit from exceptional chiropractic care at CRM Wellness.